Monday, November 9, 2009

Welcome home

We have spent the last two weekends and all of the weekdays in between getting moved in. We closed on our home on October 26 and have been in the process of moving in ever since. The first week we came during the evening after work and changed a few doorknobs and tested paint colors.

That weekend we recruited family and painted. We moved things in during the week, packing boxes after work and then driving those boxes to the new house after. And this weekend we moved in. We put the beds on the big ruck first. That was our commitment to moving in. Once the beds are at the new place you have to stay there or sleep on the floor.

Now we have to go through boxes and figure out where everything goes. And the are many boxes. Many, many, boxes.

What I am hoping, though, is after we do that I can get back to a regular writing routine. I have a story that is screaming for a second draft and an idea for a longer story that I really want to flesh out. So, here's to hoping that I can do that.

And here's to our new home.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new home. I couldn't be happier for the both of you! It was our pleasure to help in the process and be a part of the excitement of owning your first home. Blessings to you and my sister and I know that you will fill that home with lots of love and laughter.

    ReplyDelete