Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Eric Clapton wins the subliminal game

At my first newspaper job out of college I worked in the sports department. It was a copy desk job so it meant late nights and lots of staring at computers. To keep things light the guys there made up something they called subliminal points. This is how it worked. Someone would whistle/sing/hum a few bars of a song. If at any time later in the night someone else sang/whistled/hummed any part of the same song the original singer/whistler/hummer would get a subliminal point. No one kept a running score, but we all played. If I were still playing the game Eric Clapton would be the current champion, because every time I see the commercial below I get "Rock N Roll Heart" stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment