Thursday, October 7, 2010

Some great and needed criticism

I joined an online critique group for short crime fiction. I submitted my first story to the bunch yesterday and already have some great feedback. It's the story that I am now calling Consider Us Even, the story that's part of my diabolical plan. Looks like I have some more work to do. A lot more work, actually. The people there liked the writing and that was good, but it appears I am going to have to tear the story apart and see how it comes back together again. A couple of the readers have suggested that the story doesn't start until a few paragraphs in. After looking at the piece again really quickly, I have to agree. Also need to work on the ending. I know that sounds like there is a lot to do. That's because it is, but I'm excited about getting back into the story and playing around with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment