Sunday, May 1, 2011

An avalanche of downloads

Gina and I were at a wedding all day on Saturday. It was a beautiful service and a great reception, but it took the better part of the day. By the time we got home in the evening we were both tired, and Gina wasn't feeling well.

We relaxed for a while and took it easy. I didn't even sign on to the internet until nearly 10 p.m. But when I did, I got quite the pleasant surprise. I jumped on Smashwords to check sales and download numbers there and found that yesterday I had more than 150 downloads of my free book, Consider Us Even. Up until yesterday, I had just over 300 downloads of the book. As of this morning, I've had roughly 25 more downloads. That's almost 200 since I last looked on Friday. I'm astonished.

I have no idea what's prompted this. I have to think that it's being featured somewhere, either on a page at Smashwords or at another site. I've looked. I can't find it. I'm not complaining at all about this. I hope that it continues and I hope that it leads to massive sales of Chasing Filthy Lucre. I just wish I knew why it was happening. I'd love to be able to keep it going.

If any of you find out how people are coming across Consider Us Even, will you let me know?

No comments:

Post a Comment