Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A little of this, a little of that


I'm at the library looking for jobs and doing a little writing. I am finding it tough to stay at home and be as productive as I want to be. Too many distractions. Whether it's a chore to take care of, or just a TV show to watch, there's always something to distract me. I think I am most productive when I'm away from the comforts of the casa. This is only the second time I've been here, but I feel like I'm getting more done. Applied for one job. Searched several sites for others. Even wrote 500 words on a short story that came to mind the other day.

I'm enjoying the short story so far. It has a younger protagonist than I'm used to writing, so that's making it fun. And I like the dynamic I've established between the two characters in the opening scene.

If you've been following this blog for any amount of time, you'll know that I don't really plot out my short stories. I have an idea where they're going to go, but nothing in stone. Same is true with this one. I have an idea, but it's only a rough one. The only thing that came to mind the other day was the opening. Where it goes from there, who knows?

You may have seen the blog post last week about wanting guest bloggers and interview subjects. The offer still stands for both. I've got one interview ready to go for Friday. Well, almost ready to go. And I have a guest blog post that is being finished for next Thursday. That will be the schedule, by the way. Planning interviews for Friday and guest blog posts on Thursday. This will allow me to keep the blog filled with content. It also gives me a chance to keep my editing and interview skills sharp while I look for that new job.

Hope you all like the changes and let me know if you want to take part.

No comments:

Post a Comment