Friday, April 20, 2012

Did I miss my promotion window with Chasing Filthy Lucre?


I was mowing the yard the other night and was doing a little thinking. For some reason I do some of my best thinking – at least on writing and book stuff – while I’m pushing the mower. 

The other night I was listening to a podcast – also something I do while mowing – and for some reason my mind went to marketing Chasing Filthy Lucre. I got to wondering if I missed my window with it. Like any other author, I am always trying to figure out who my audience is and how to get my book in front of people who might like it.

The book centers around a group of people fighting a corporate power. Would have been perfect for the Occupy crowd that seemed to be everywhere just a few months ago, right? Wouldn’t they have loved my book? Now, my politics are just about 180 degrees different from most people who were out protesting, but I think Chasing Filthy Lucre is a book that they could really get into. 

I know that the Occupy movement isn’t dead -- definitely not as active as it used to be -- so there’s still a chance. I just don’t know how to reach those potential readers. I’m open to suggestions on how to find them if you’re wanting to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment