Monday, January 21, 2013

My notebook sickness

I'm a writer, so it should be no surprise that I have a bit of an addiction to notebooks. I love paper and pens, always have. A clean sheet of paper and a smooth-writing pen. Two of my favorite things.

I love buying notebooks. Love cool covers. Love heavy paper. While Gina and I were out celebrating the anniversary of our first date we saw these notebooks with covers of classic harboiled novels on them. We bought one of each.



Then a few weeks later I found this one while looking for something for Gina.
(I carry this with me every day, but I haven't written one word in it.)

But here's the thing. As much as I like notebooks, I don't like writing in them. There's something about putting pen to those pages that jams me up. I feel some obligation to fill these cool notebooks with quality material.

I don't know if it's that they are a little more expensive than something that's spiral-bound that makes me feel like I can't just put random thoughts in them or what.

Am I the only one with this affliction? Please, someone else admit it so I don't feel alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment