Friday, January 25, 2013

Unanimated animation

Unanimated isn't the write word, but I can't figure out a better way to describe this, but I had to share this very cool video.  I love unique storytelling. This is unique storytelling. It's part comic book and part animated movie, except there's no animation.
UPDATE: We are hearing reports that this is called a motion comic. That's so painfully obvious I should have just been able to guess it.




Productivity update
My small writer's group met last weekend, and we each set some goals. For two of us it was all about the writing. For me, it was about finishing the first part of the the second Chasing Filthy Lucre book by the next time we meet. I don't see that being a problem. I've got another week to do it and have written roughly 1,000 words this week. Not my goal, but I'm happy with anything.

I've got the fist part of the story outlined and it's made writing it so much easier. I added a wrinkle of subplot after I created the initial outline, but I think it makes the story better. It puts a little meat on the bones.

The other guy with a productivity goal was shooting for a page a day. I'm hoping he makes it. I'm going to try and send emails to everyone to encourage them to keep working. Productivity has never been a strong point for any of us. Hopefully, some between-meeting encouragement will help.

That's it for today. This one's short. See you on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment