Monday, January 14, 2013

The inspiration of underground bacon

I know that I promised we'd talk about notebooks today, but I've changed my mind. If you've come here with the expectation of notebook talk, I truly apologize. We will get to it some day, maybe next Monday. But it is coming. I've already written the post, and I'm not one to waste my words. However, I stumbled across this video of a guy in Chicago who makes underground bacon and thought it was something that needed to be shared.

Wait. What? Underground bacon? Yes. There are rules and regulations that prohibit him from selling his craft bacon commercially, so he doesn't. He does it underground, hand selling to friends and family.

Anyway, there was something about his spirit of going it alone and doing it yourself that I really identified with. The video is only a few minutes long, but it's worth watching.



You can read the little lead in that the folks at Alternative Apparel's Common Thread blog wrote by clicking here. They also have some pretty screen captures of the bacon cooking process if you're into that kind of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment