Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Fantasy baseball, I'm back

It's been at least five years, but probably more, since I have played fantasy baseball. I've never been any good at it, but thought that since I was writing on occasion for a friend's fantasy baseball web site I should probably have a team. Plus, I was missing it. It's always fun in the early part of the season -- drafting, setting lineups, tracking daily progress. There is a point, however, when it can become tedious -- setting lineups, tracking daily progress. It all becomes a hassle. Part of that may be because my teams are never that good. It's harder to stay interested in a team when it is losing consistently.

I think my problem with fantasy sports is that I have never had the interest in statistics that is required to be a successful fantasy player. I still have my favorite players and that childlike belief that those guys can do anything. Even if the smart move is to look over them and go get the who puts up better numbers, I just can't do it.

That's also why I wouldn't make a good baseball owner. I'd go get all of the guys that I like, even if I look at them with rose-colored glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment