Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Productivity

After years and years of writing and trying to write I am coming to the realization that I probably write better during the day.

I always assumed it wouldn't be so. That I would write better at night. I'm a night owl. For years I worked nights, coming home at midnight. Staying up until 2 or 3 either watching TV or writing.

But the last few days of thinking about when I am the most productive it seems like that's in the morning.

When I say most productive I am not talking about doing my best writing, just when it comes the easiest. And it's in the morning that things seem to flow the best, when the story seems to be coming to me. That's when this writing life is the most fun. It's when I know that it's what I want to do.

So what does this mean? I guess that if I am going to get as serious about this as I say I am I need to start making time to write in the mornings. Carving out an half hour or hour to devote to this. When that's going to be I'm not sure, but I need to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment