Wrapped up the piece I mentioned in the previous post, the one spawned by the book cover at work. At least I think I finished it. Not entirely happy with the way it ends, but I did move it to the 'ready for revisions' file on my hard drive.
It only came out to a little more than 1,500 words so it's not much more than a piece of longish flash fiction. I am sure ti will grow when I go back through it. I can see another 500 words being added, especially as it gets closer to the end. I felt like the story was running out of steam and I went with the tamer of two endings. If I switch that it will definitely get longer. But it could get more exciting.
I went back and gave it a quick read one last time this morning after typing the last sentence and actually like what I did in a few places. I like the way I handled some of the scene setting and I love one of the main characters. He was a lot of fun to write. I think in the revisions I need to do a little more describing of him, because right now I can see him in my mind's eye but not sure my readers will be able to.
Anyway, just sharing that I finished another piece. It's also another one that I am not sure where it came from but is out of character for what I typically write. Got to say, though, that I am having more fun writing right now than I have in a very long time.