Sunday, August 16, 2009

Big, fat liar

So I said in the previous post that I was going to do one of two projects next. I am a big, fat liar. Pants definitely on fire.

Instead of doing either one of those I started something else. Just started writing last night using the same main character from the monster story. So I am still in that world, feeling my way around. But it's fun and I am enjoying it and right now the story is coming easy. The intent is for this to be a short piece that is less of a story and more of a peek into the world. Just something fun and exciting. I can't imagine it being more than a few thousand words.

I am two pages in and am sure that if I hadn't started writing at close to midnight last night I would have been able to bang out more.

We are going for burgers to celebrate my dad's birthday today. The place we are heading to is supposed to have one of the 50 best burgers in the state, so I may have my first food-related blog post later today. Also have softball tonight. Final game of the summer season, and, if the funding doesn't come through, maybe the last game for a while.

Hoping to write a bit after I get home and take care of some things that need to be done around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment