Monday, February 7, 2011

A good weekend

I've been trying to post three times a week. It's a bit of a resolution for me. Not an official one. I don't have it written on some laminated card or anything. Just a bit of a goal. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday are what I'm shooting for. On an occasional Thursday I'll put up a quote I like.


Just thought you should know that. It doesn't have much to do with anything.

I have a habit of checking my numbers at Smashwords in a very uneven pattern. I'll be diligent about it, checking them daily, for a few weeks. Then I'll go a few days without looking. I'm in a diligent period right now. I checked the download numbers Saturday night. An unexpected five people grabbed a copy of Consider Us Even. That was a very pleasant surprise. Last night, before the Super Bowl started, I checked the numbers again. Four more downloads. So for the weekend there were nine downloads. That's my best two days in a row in a month.

I don't really know why there was a little run on downloads. I'm happy there were so many, believe me. I want people to grab a copy and read it. I want them to enjoy it and come by here for a visit. I want them to love Chasing Filthy Lucre and want to buy a copy. But I also want to know why they are downloading the book. How did they find it? Because, however they found it, I want to do more of that. It worked. Right now I can't figure out how this weekend happened. There was nothing I did to promote the book.

I'm also noticing more visitors to the blog. There seem to be spikes every few days. One day a few weeks ago we have 30 visitors in one hour. A record for me. Until recently it was the rare day that we saw 30 people in 24 hours. Not sure why or how more people are coming here, but I'm glad they are. If I can just figure out what it is that's attracting them and how to keep them coming back ...

If you're one of the new visitors, I hope you enjoy your stay. Please say hello in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment