Thursday, June 17, 2010

Ahead of the game

So, I mentioned my plans to self-publish the current WIP and others through Kindle. In the interest of putting the cart before the horse, I've already got the book cover started. It's also a WIP, but I wanted to post an early version here to see what people thought. If I was headed in the right direction. Give me your opinions. I like it myself, but I made it so that's kind of a given. How well it works as a book cover, especially an ebook cover, remains to be seen. That's why I am putting it up here. There is a movie poster feel to it that really appeals to me.


4 comments:

  1. Yes it is reminiscent of a movie poster and it seems a bit stark? Not sure if that's the word I'm looking for but I think it is. I think it looks good but I've not really compared it to top selling e-books. Maybe take a peek at those? Congrats on pursuing your dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lot better than most self-published book covers! It does look a lot like a movie poster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone for the feedback. I am still tweaking it, but seems like I may be heading in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete