Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The soundtrack to New Eden

I don't know why it worked this way, but when I was writing Chasing Filthy Lucre I'd play music in the background. Usually through Pandora. I created a station around a couple of groups -- Little People and RJD2. They are electronica/trip hop/acid jazz artists. To me, this is what New Eden would sound like. This is the music you'd find there. Not sure what those artists sound like? Click on the videos below.







I had this Pandora channel on almost every time I wrote on Chasing Filthy Lucre. I've got it on now as I write this post and work on the Lucre follow-up, And the Signal Fell Silent.*

That may be the first time I've mentioned the title to the second book. What do you think?

This isn't music I ever listen to outside or writing. And I honestly can't tell you why I'm listening to it now. It's not usually my thing. More of a rock/pop guy myself. But these bands and this music help me be productive. I don't know if they put my head in the right place to write these New Eden stories or what. But I'll keep listening as long as I keep being productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment