Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Girl's seal of approval.

Gina has been reading Chasing Filthy Lucre the last few nights. She's going to be the last set of eyes on it before it makes its way into the wide, wide world. Having her say she likes it is something that's very important to me. As long as she thinks it's good, then I'm happy. I hope other readers like it. Hope they love it. But as long as Gina thinks it's good then I can live with whatever reaction I get from the public. So, yes, I write so I can impress the girl in the end. Sue me.

Anyway, last night she's reading the last few pages. I know where she's at and what's coming up and I'm watching to get her reaction. I want to see if she's surprised in the place I want her to be surprised.

She's reading. I'm watching. Then her eyes get a little wider, her mouth opens in surprise and she says "What?"

Perfect. Exactly what I was looking for. I can't tell you how satisfying it felt to see that what I wrote had the exact reaction I was wanting it to have, not only for her but, potentially, for other readers too.

No comments:

Post a Comment