Tuesday, March 29, 2011

How do you get my book?

I've had a couple of people ask exactly how to get Chasing Filthy Lucre, so here's a quick tutorial.

There are a few ways, actually. First, if you have a Kindle or a Nook just go to whatever online store feeds you ereader. Search for my name there and you should find me. If you have one of the other ereaders then go to Smashwords.com and search for me there. You can download your preferred file format there and load it onto your ereader.

If you don't have an ereader already then you can get one of the ereader apps. Pick either Amazon or Nook and go to the proper site and download an app that you can run on your computer desktop or on your smart phone. Don't think you'll like reading on your phone? It's really not bad. I tried it out first before my family bought me a Kindle for Christmas. Wasn't sure I'd like reading on a small screen, but it's a reading experience that is easy to get used to.

Once you choose your reader, go to the proper site and search for my name. The site should automatically deliver the book to your reading app.

Now you're thinking, "That's nice, Jarrett, but, man, it's a lot of work." Granted, it is. One time work, but it's not just an easy one or two steps. If you don't want any ereader app then you can go to Smashwords and download one of their files that doesn't require and ereader to open. There is a PDF file, and RTF file that can be opened on most work processors, and a plain text file. All of those files should be something you can open.

So there you go. Where and how to get Chasing Filthy Lucre. No more excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment