Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Chasing Filthy Lucre progress

So I mentioned the lightbulb moment the other day. Well, today I started working on making those fixes. Added more than 1,000 words to the first part. I think my main character is going to be much better developed. His name is Weber Rexall, by the way. If you've read Part One on Scrib'd you know he isn't named there. Along with giving the reader more insight into what makes him tick I'm also going to work out a way to have his name mentioned.

The big chunk that I added today was from an earlier work. I just lifted it and dropped it in. I'll need to adjust some of the verb tenses, but it's in pretty good shape already. It's set in Rexall's apartment and we get to see him alone since all of the action so far is him with other people. He's proving to be the good guy with some serious flaws that I want him to be. I'm making him worse so that Berger -- the secondary character he works with most of the book -- will look better in the end.

On top of giving the reader a look into Rexall's personal life, this new section also helps explain some of the technology that is a big part of the story. I'm solving problems left and right over here.

So, you'll notice in the counter on the right that we've moved past the halfway mark. We are at 51 percent complete if it stays at 20k words.

No comments:

Post a Comment