Spent the end of last week editing and adding to the first part of my current WIP. Made all the changes to get my verbs into past tense. Made other changes I'd marked when I read through the print out a few weeks ago. Then I read through it again and found more things to fix. Always amazing to me how much I miss. Made those changes, including adding some background info that rounds things out, I think. Will help the reader understand this world I've created.
I think I can be too vague, hoping that the reader will stick with me through all my subtleties. I get caught up too much in knowing my world and knowing what certain terms mean. I forget that not everyone reader is going to know what it means. So that's what I added. Just some background and explainer info. I did it quick so I need to go back and make sure it all makes sense. I think I added three or four paragraphs in all, but it did push my word count over 9,000.
Still thinking that I may not make my 20,000 word count I was shooting for. It'll probably be more in the 12,500 to 15,000 range. Still a long piece, but I was hoping for more.