Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Another milestone

I wrote a bit before work this morning and passed another magic mark on my long piece, which I will now be calling a novel.

I wrote 425 words and that got me about 100 past the 20,000 word mark. I am in the middle of what is Chapter 9 and am still working my way to the story's climax. I have my protagonist and a secondary character being held captive by a rag-tag group right now. They are about to escape and the race that was the big idea I had when I started this book will be on.

I am happy to be at 20,000 words but it's also a bit depressing to know that I have about 60,000 words to go to be at a finished novel.

I may need one of those Work-In-Progress widgets I can put up and keep track.

UPDATE: Wrote again at lunch and was able to bang out 500 more words. That puts me at nearly 1,000 for the day. With the writing I hope to do tonight I could get to almost 1,500 today. That would be one of my most productive days in a while.

1 comment:

  1. Hurray for productivity. Keep at it Jarrett. I know my own productivity (for writing) goes up and down, but as long as you keep at it the goal post gets closer every time (of course, once you make it to the goal post, then you have to do it again, nature of the game).

    I use these people for my toolbar
    http://www.writertopia.com/toolbox

    It's free, it's small, it's fast.

    Oh, and congrats on the 101 posts.

    ReplyDelete