Saturday, September 12, 2009

What has happened to Tom Cruise? And to us?

Gina and I climbed into bed last night at 9:15 p.m. and popped Valkyrie into the DVD player. It had arrived from Netflix the day before. She was exhausted and looked like she was falling asleep before we moved to the bedroom for the movie so I didn't expect her to last long, and she didn't. She may have seen 10 minutes of the movie, tops. I didn't last too much longer.

I watched about 20 minutes of the movie. I was getting frustrated because I couldn't understand anything they were saying. It's all about a conspiracy to overthrow a government so I didn't expect them to be shoutign thigns to each other. Secrecy is a big payer here. Got to whisper. But I don't think I understood half of what the actors were saying.

I was also struggling with Tom Cruise as a Nazi officer. Honestly, I struggle with Tom Cruise as anything now. Every since he had his couch-jumping fit on Oprah and his Scientology video leaked on the web I can't see him as anything other than a little crazy. It takes me completely out of the movie because I don't see him as the character anymore. I'm always thinking, "That's Tom Cruise." I didn't used to do that, not until he screwed up his image, at least in my mind.

I'd had enough of struggling to hear the actors and by 10 p.m. I'd stopped the movie and turned on the news. By 10 p.m. on a Friday my wife was asleep and I was soon to follow. What happened to us? I can guarantee you that my parents were still awake at that time. So sad.

We are celebrating my brother's birthday today with family then hopefully going to the Rangers game tonight. Well, we are going ot the game. Hoping they play since we are supposed to have rain all weekend. I am hoping to write a bit tonight. Have fallen off the last couple of days. It's been a rough week at work with a rougher week coming up. We have a project that will be wrapped up next week and that may mean some long days. I have written 11 of my 20 pages for the critique group. I should be able to get nine more done this week, but if I don't, I don't. I am not going to sweat it. I have to keep reminding myself that this is something I am doing for me. It's not a class and there are no grades. No one will be upset if I don't make it to 20. Other than me, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment