Monday, January 4, 2010

A productive new year

Today is the last day of Gina's Christmas break. Actually, yesterday was the last day of her break. Today is just an extra day off since she went to an in-service during the summer. Today is her reward. We are planning on spending it doing things around the house. We also want to see a movie. Problem is we are getting a slow start. And have no idea what movies are even out there to see.

I have a large mirror to hang and other pictures to get up on the walls. We are still trying to decorate this place. It's starting to feel more like home and we actually made a couple of furniture purchases yesterday. I spent my evening last night putting together a pair of bookcases that we bought for the library/formal living room. They are black and look pretty sharp. Easy to put together and once we have all of them that we want it's going to look really nice. We still need seating for it all to come together. Don't tell Gina, but when it's done I think it's going to be my favorite place to write. Gina just asked if I wanted to get two more bookcases today. I am game. We have a literal ton of books and need some lace to put them all.

Speaking of writing, I added about 250 more words to the piece I posted the top of a few days ago. It's not perfect but it's not bad. The big thing, though, is it's writing. It's progress and that's better than just about every day since we bought the house. I'm happy.

1 comment: