Sunday, March 21, 2010

Writers' group meeting

At our writers' group meeting Saturday morning we each read our response to the writing prompt. Have to say that I was impressed. I am in a group with some seriously good writers.

We all enjoyed writing off a prompt and I volunteered to provide the next one. I thought about it all day and couldn't come up with anything that I really liked, so late last night I sent out the only thing that repeatedly came to mind. It wasn't a quote this time, just a phrase -- "tiny little robots, two by two."

I was hoping to push some of our writers out of their comfort zones and that should do it. Two members of our group write historical fiction. Another seems to write thrillers but loves history. But none of them have robots, so we'll see how literal they are when responding to the prompt.

No comments:

Post a Comment