Monday, April 5, 2010

Writers conference advice

I am heading to my first writers conference this weekend.

The organizers sent out the schedule of sessions last week and there quite a bit being offered that I am interested in. Lots of how-to sessions that would improve my writing and lots of sessions on getting published and marketing yourself. I am thinking that I'll stick to the how-to sessions since that's where I think I'll get the greatest benefit.

I'm excited about the conference, but also nervous. I tend to be the quiet one in large groups. I'm fine once I get warmed up, but I am a bit of a wallflower to start. I'm not sure what to expect when it comes to the networking aspect of this thing. I'd love to go there and meet other writers who I could work with and become better. I'd like to meet people who could help my career.

Anyone who has ever been to a writers conference before have any advice? What do I need to do to make sure I get the most out of this experience?

No comments:

Post a Comment