Friday, March 20, 2009

Luck, you were anything but a lady

We got back from Las Vegas earlier this week. That's why neither my wife or I have posted on our blogs in almost a week. Not that I think there are that many people out there reading this.
My wife and I went with my family and had a great time. Well, except for the part where she got sick. But I married a trooper. Not one time did she let the fact that she was feeling completely lousy get in the way of our having fun. A cough. A fever. Congestion. Gee had it all and was taking medicine every four hours to try and kick that thing.

Still, she got up out of bed, even though it was the last thing she wanted to do, and powered through some long days as we went from hotel to hotel looking at all of the attractions. She even managed to win a nice little chunk of change at really fun slot machine.
We had budgeted a certain amount of money that we were OK with losing and we both were well short of losing that much, so even though we didn't come home winners were aren't as poor as we expected to be. In my book that's a successful trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment