Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Multiple projects

How do other writers deal with having three or four ideas going at one time? I have three stories that I want to write at the moment. There is the big project, the one about Paisley and the pirates. Then there is another that I started long ago but stopped because I couldn't figure out how to make one leap. I had to get the main characters from one place to another. I didn't know where that other place was until recently. Now that I have figured it out, I am itching to write on that one. Then, there is a third piece that I started a few weeks ago. It's something new for me and I am excited by it. It's a more straight science fiction piece, something I have never, ever tried. I have read a bit and the Paisley piece is set in space. It's not really sci-fi though. It's just set in space. The story could take place anywhere.

I don't know how other writers deal with this itch to write multiple things at once. I want to keep pushing forward with the Paisley piece since it's something I have been thinking about for a while. But I don't want to lose the ideas I have on the other two. They are still front of mind and I'd hate to lose any momentum I may have on them.

Anyway, just wondering.

2 comments:

  1. make sure you reread posts due to the wrong usage of words. who am i to critique i am not a writer or editor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I think I have fixed them now. It does look bad when a writing blog had glaring errors like that.

    ReplyDelete