Saturday, March 28, 2009

Who's this Paisley?

I don't know if other writers do this, but I keep using the same name over and over. It's just one name, Paisley. I came up with it once for a character in a story a long time ago. She was actually a criminal. Well, in the story whether or not she was a criminal is up for debate. It all depends on the how the reader interprets what she does.

Anyway, I used the name there. Then I used it again in another story. I don't remember which one. Finally, I found the character that the name always belonged to. She's a 12-year-old girl in the future. She's in the story that I am most excited about right now and that makes me happy.

It's really not a big deal that Paisley appears in so many of my stories. Most of them are just practice anyway. They are things I wrote while I was searching for my voice as a writer. Those stories didn't do her justice. I am not sure that the story she is in now will either. I just know that the name finally has a character that fits it.

No comments:

Post a Comment