Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Short story trailer

Electric Literature presents Jim Shepard's "Your Fate Hurtles Down at You" (trailer) from Editors Electric Literature on Vimeo.



Check out this animated trailer to a new short story in Electric Literature. The story "Your Fate Hurtles Down at You" is by Jim Shepard, and I'll admit it -- the trailer worked on me. I'd love to get a copy of Electric Literature and read this.

I have seen trailers for books before. A few have been well done, but most have looked slapped together by the author using software downloaded for free.

This is the first time I've seen anything for a short story and it's the first time I've seen something done so well.

It makes me want to write for Electric Literature and I've never even read the publication.

1 comment:

  1. I'm there with you, this trailer makes me want to read the story and the magazine. I'm on the fence with book trailers in general, but this one is the best execution I've seen.

    ReplyDelete