Friday, July 24, 2009

Writers' group

I had the first meeting of the writers' group I mentioned a few posts ago. I was a little apprehensive going into the meeting tonight.

First, I didn't know how serious these other folks would be about writing. I am wanting to give this a go and I really want honest critiques from others who are trying to do the same thing.

Second, I have only had a few people, outside of my friends and family, read what I've written. While most of it has been complimentary, these will be the first people to critique my work that I've had to face in person.

Overall, I was happy with the group. It was small, only three people. And I think I am going to get some honest criticism, and that's the biggest thing I wanted from this.

We are meeting once every two weeks and have all agreed to write 10 pages each week and bring them for critique.

I guess I will figure out how good this group is in two weeks, but for now I am excited.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome Jarrett! I know that this is something you are passionate about and I admire your dedication to the process.

    ReplyDelete